Monday, April 28, 2008

My Story

I have been crafting since I was a little girl. When the lady at the chicken farm would give me the printed feed sacks. My mother made my dress's and I used the leftovers to make things. I was about 10 years old an started sewing, with my grandmothers helping hands. About 2 years ago I started sewing dolls. I was working for a fabric shop and fell in love with so much fabric. I had to find a use for it. I no longer work for the shop, but still have a lot of fabric stored away.

I also love to paint folk art pictures when time will allow.

My real true love is sculpting papier mache figures. I started about twenty years ago and have sold to shops all over the United States, Canada, and Europe. I am best known for my Christmas and Halloween figures.

I use Celluclay instant papier mache and Creative paper clay to sculpt each figure. They only can air dry and it takes up to a week. When drying is complete I then paint and antique each figure.

I will post pictures of my work from time to time.

No comments: